And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
My History. I see the world in tones and colors.
I am a published and gallery displayed artist and travel across the United States participating in art festivals. The most important thing to me is my vision.
I fell in love with visual imagery while working as a graphic designer. Wanting to understand what makes a good image. What went into creating the work that pulled at my heartstrings. I would describe my work as emotionally cinematic. I shoot mostly strong emotional pieces that may even be a bit dark or macabre but still feminine and beautiful. I like my work to let the viewer experience the emotion and let their imagination tell a story. This is what I do, this is how I feel, this is who I am.
I create using digital, film ,wet plate collodion, and formats such as cyanotypes and van dyke browns and wax encaustics. I am constantly trying to evolve my art to evoke my feelings into an image that will match the vision in my head. Art is ever evolving and a beautiful challenge.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
~Edgar Allan Poe
For me the purpose of life, the purpose of my imagery, is to compel others to pause. Using photographic mediums digital, film and wet plate collodion I work to create images that will inspire emotion. To tell a story using only a few seconds out of life. I hope that work moves those who see it to stop for a second and ponder. Maybe a memory or a song, some words, a time or place. This is what it does for me. This is what all art that moves me does for me.
I love to shoot with very loose concepts. My editing style or aesthetic is inspired by the work itself, as well as my current mood, and feeling. I attempt to let every image tell its own story, and help to create the feminine emotion that I find comforting to my soul, and hopefully others. My themes tend to be based on the beauty and darkness of feminine form. With a certain melancholy or macabre undertone.
Fine Art Prints:
- Signed and Numbered. Any print, all sizes 11″x14″ or larger limited to either 1 to 3, 1 to 5, or 1 to 11
- Mini Prints. Any print, 8″x10″ and 5″x7″ unlimited
- Signed and Numbered. Any print, all sizes 11″x14″ or larger limited to 1 to 3
- Mini Works. Any Print, 6″x6″ and 8″x10″ unlimited
- Downtown Artist Collective, UT
- Deep Ellum Arts Festival, Dallas TX
- Lubbock Arts Festival, Lubbock TX
- Wells Street Festival, Chicago IL
- Redlands Festival of Art, Redlands CA
- Fringe Festival, Salt Lake City UT
- Taste of Colorado, Denver CO
- Art City Austin, Austin TX
- Pride Festival, Salt Lake City UT
- Fall Festival, Bend OR
- UAA (Utah Arts Alliance), Salt Lake City UT
- Submerged in Art, Salt Lake City UT
- Sketch Cabaret (Featured Artist), Salt Lake City UT
- Raw Artist, Salt Lake City UT
- Raw Artist, Las Vegas NV
- Gallery 4N5, San Francisco CA
- Utah Arts Festival Gallery, Salt Lake City UT
- Utah Arts Festival, Salt Lake City UT
- Urban Arts Gallery, Salt Lake City UT
- Urban Arts Festival, Salt Lake City UT
- Craft Lake City, Salt Lake City UT
- Gallery of Contemporary Art and Design, Salt Lake City UT
- Park Silly Market, Park City UT
- White Party (Featured Artist), Salt Lake City UT
- First Friday, Las Vegas NV
- On The Edge, San Francisco CA
- Comic Con, Salt Lake City UT
- Denton Festival of Arts, Denton TX
- Pecan Street Festival, Austin TX
- Bellevue Arts and Museum Show, WA
- Vogue Italia: link
- Gothesque Magazine
- Senza Respiro Magazine
- Salt Lake Tribune
- Now Magazine
- Fixe Magazine